My boyfriend and I love picking crabs in the summer. This Maryland crab soup gets us through the winter and spring until fresh crabs are available!
You will need beef broth, crab meat, diced tomatoes, russet potatoes, green beans, yellow onions, carrots, and Old Bay seasoning. It is important to use low sodium beef broth or your soup will come out waaay too salty! I buy my wild caught crab meat from Costco. It’s only $16.99 for 16 ounces at my store in Chantilly.
This recipe is so easy to make. You literally just throw everything into a pot! I like to start my soup in the morning and let it simmer all day long 🙂
Maryland Crab Soup
- 64 oz. low sodium beef broth
- 16 oz. crab meat
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- Put everything in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer until vegetables are soft (at least 30 minutes).