. I could literally eat it everyday for every meal (Anita’s breakfast burritos anyone??!). However, Mexican food isn’t the best thing for our waistlines since restaurant meals are huge and loaded with cheese, sour cream, etc. And don’t even get me started on the chips and salsa…
Whenever I’m craving Mexican food, I make slow cooker chicken tacos. They’re so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Start by placing 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the bottom of your slow cooker.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over your chicken. I make my own, but you could also use prepared taco seasoning. You can find my homemade taco seasoning recipe here.
Top your chicken with the onion, tomatoes, and green chilies. Do NOT drain the green chilies!!!
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, then shred with a fork. It should fall apart very easily!
Add the fresh cilantro, then mix to combine.
I usually eat this chicken on top of a salad with avocado. You could also serve it over rice or on corn or flour tortillas. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 oz.) cans of diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the chicken.
- Top with the onion, tomatoes, and green chilies.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork.
- Add the cilantro and mix to combine.