I always make my own taco seasoning. The store-bought packages contain added sugar and a bunch of other junk.
My homemade taco seasoning is tastier and super easy to make! You will need black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, coriander, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and salt (I use Himalayan pink salt).
I usually make a big batch and store it in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (you can add more to make it spicier)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Use 1 tablespoon per 1 pound ground meat.